Are you stressed this time of year? You certainly wouldn’t be alone if you were. The winter was harsh, causing havoc on not only your mind, but your body as well. Stress can manifest negatively on your skin, and it is important to pay extra attention and care to it from the top of your head to the bottom of your toes.
Here are a few tips to help your skin make it through the weather and the stress that results:
- KEEP HYDRATED: Water is always essential, but this time of year, it’s important to increase your water intake. The health authorities commonly recommend eight 8-ounce glasses, which equals about 2 liters, or half a gallon. This is called the 8×8 rule and is very easy to remember.
- MOISTURIZE: Radiator heat, found commonly in New York City apartments, can be very drying. Liberally use a cream-based cleanser and follow all washing routines with a heavier moisturizer than you would normally use. Extra nourishment for your skin will go a long way. Check out the entire Eminence line, available for purchase at Mercedes Club: https://eminenceorganics.com/us/body-product-type/face/moisturizers Which is your favorite?
- HUMIDITY CAN BE YOUR FRIEND: While not great in the summer (HELLO FRIZZY HAIR!), humidity can help add that moisture your skin craves. Added moisture in the air can relax you and de-stress the body. Buy a humidifier and worship it during the cold months. PRO TIP: Try adding eucalyptus or lavender to the mix for that added relaxation factor. Don’t forget that Mercedes Club has a Eucalyptus-Infused Steam Room that is perfect both before and after your workout.
- WAKE ME UP WHEN WINTER ENDS: Rest is important, so be sure to get your Z’s in. Sleeping gives the body a chance to reset, restart, and recharge. Don’t be cheap! Get that extra hour, The Bachelor can wait on DVR for tomorrow!
- ON THE GO?: Mercedes Club is retailing Amazing Toniques by Eminence Organic Skin Care in the form of a Spritzer for your face. Not only do they smell incredible, but they will infuse your skin with vital nutrients and incredible vitamin combinations. They’re a must and best of all, it fits right in your bag for on the go “de-stressing.”
Fear not, Spring is right around the corner. Until then, let Mercedes Club help you de-stress with a relaxing massage or rejuvenating facial. Contact us today to put it on your schedule.
Camille’s Availability: Wednesday from 4:00PM – 8:00PM and Sundays from 11:00AM – 3:00PM
By Camille Thomas, Mercedes Club Licensed Esthetician